jeff dille, never will visit him again. my hair cut is lopsided, he must have been tired. I had to repeat what I said several times, his mind was elsawhere. The so called style was horrific. Thank god I can do hair. when I got hope I washed it and re- styled. I have had better hair cuts from super cuts.
Jeff Dille - disappointing.
I know there are a lot of good reviews for Jeff Dille and he's a nice guy, but I was disappointed. Being new to Vegas I rely on reviews to get around, so hopefully this will be helpful.
Yes Jeff is cheap and boasts extensive experience. However those two factors working together means he's an EXPERT at ripping off the client.
My perspective is: charge me whatever you need to - $80, $200 - just do what I ask. If you need to charge me more to do what I ask, be up front with me at the beginning. This is NOT what happened in my experience with Jeff. I paid more than initially quoted, and left with less done to my hair than I had specified.
On the phone, Jeff stated my total for a full foil would be $130. I also mentioned his ad on city-search for 20% off the first service. I went expecting to pay $104 (plus tip of course) - a steal for a full foil. He told me AFTER my service was complete that he was tacking on an additional $10 because I "have a lot of hair." (It's thick, but smooth, manageable, and only shoulder length. Not even Newbury Street salons in Boston ever charged me more for just thickness.) But I didn't argue that, I just paid the $130 + tip and left. The next day I realized he never took off the 20% off. It was super uncomfortable, but I contacted hi. To be fair, he did leave an envelope with the cash at the front desk to be picked up.
Quality of service:
There were several ways in which he cost me my typical hairdo and profited him by saving product & charging me the same:
1. I brought in a note card from my former stylist (who unfortunately I left back in Boston) with the formulas to perfectly duplicate what I have done to my hair. I get two colors foiled in and a specific type of toner, all Wella color products. Jeff used ONE color instead of two, did not tone, and I'd place money on the fact that the one color is something cheaper than Wella because it just doesn't match. The portion of roots that I had at the top now looks NOTHING like the rest of my hair, so it looks super trashy. Why charge me $140 for 3 products when you can charge me $140 for 1? (Oh wait, the answer to that is because I'm a full foil and cut every 5 weeks girl, so if I'm happy, you can earn a lot from me! Fail.)
2. He threw out the note card with the formulas from my former stylist. Possibly inadvertent, but it's pretty presumptuous to think I won't need it any more and will just continue going to him.
3. As I mentioned I have thick hair and he charged me extra as such. However, he did not use any extra product. In fact, he did the sparsest highlights I've ever had. So sparse, that it hardly made any difference whatsoever for my roots, and you cannot see any appreciable change in the rest of my hair. (Maybe a blessing in disguise, since the rest of my hair minus the roots still looks good like it used to.)
4. He pulled the whole "Oh, you're only damaging your hair by getting highlights underneath!" line. Any time a stylist says that to me, I'm never going back to. My hair is perfectly healthy and I spend a lot to keep it that way. For those who don't know, stylists only do this so they can convince you they're "helping" you, meanwhile charging you for a full foil and effectively giving you a partial. I responded, "am I paying for a full foil? I better leave with one." And, even with that, there are still some spots in the back sans highlights.
5. He put the highlights about 1/4" from my scalp, so I'll be due for an appointment much sooner. This is a trick I've been told stylists will use to get you in the door more frequently, but unfortunately for Jeff, it'll be to a different salon. I left the salon looking like I had 3 week roots, and now, I look like I'm due for an appointment again, and it's only been 3 weeks.
So there you have it. Two stars - and two only because my hair isn't butchered and is completely fixable, not because there actually was any level of service to warrant two stars.
Jeff Dille is great!. Had my hair colored, cut and styled by Jeff Dille yesterday, my hair looks incredible! Jeff is a terrific stylist and so professional. He is intent on achieveing perfection in his work, and needs to be admired for that. It is in my best interest to become a regular in his chair, because my hair has rarely felt this good, or recieved so many compliments. His pricing is awesome, especially considering the level of service and expertise you are getting. Highly recommend!!!!!
Just moved to Las Vegas from L.A. and was nervous about having someone new do my hair. I read some reviews about stylist Jeff Dille and made an appointment with him. He knew exactly how to interpret what cut I wanted and was not at all overpriced!
Can't wait to see him again! He does NOT DISAPPOINT!
Amazing!!!. The stylist and nail techs that work @ mosaic salon are amazing!!! The review above, I completely disagree Denise Cooper is amazing and has incredible continuing education and as far as assistants go, he has a waiting list!!! But to sum it up mosiac salon and spa are definitely a 1st class salon!!! Highly recommend denise cooper for a hairstylist and suzy miller for nails (she does gelish)! Great staff, up to date salon and amazing vibe!!!
Dennis Cooper Sucks!!!. I was referred to Dennis from someone who said Dennis used to be one of the best - NOT!!! Dennis and his assistant argued the entire time I was there which made for a very uncomfortable and unprofessional experience. He couldn't figure out the cut I had so he kept cutting down the stylist who gave me the cut. I think Dennis hasn't had any continuing education so he had no clue! Dennis your ego is your downfall! You ruined my bias cut and I had to get it fixed - YOU SUCK!!!
Vidal Sassoon Stylist Now in Las Vegas.
With 22 years of experience distinguished by precision styling and a keen instinct for modern design, Jeff's international background includes a decade spent as a stylist, educator, and Artistic Director with the renowned Vidal Sassoon Salons in Beverly Hills, Chicago, and San Francisco., followed by 2 years spent as stylist and teacher for Bumble and Bumble in NYC.
By appointment only. Call 702-755-8576 for booking inquiries.
**Mention Citysearch and receive 20% off your first haircut with Jeff.***
Precision is Perfection. I just found a great hair stylist at Mosiac Salon. His name is Jeff Dille. I was refered to him by my dentist. Being new in town, I was nervous about finding a new hair stylist. Jeff took his time with me and made me feel comfortable. Jeff is very professional and does beautiful work. My haircut is perfect! I scheduled another appointment with Jeff to get hilights. Go see Jeff at Mosiac, you will not be disappointed.
Kimberly Newman. I cannot say enough about how fantastic Kim is. Not only is she a lovely person, but she is by far the BEST Hairstylist I have ever encountered. I have had trouble with my hair color ever since growing up by the ocean. With the harsh natural elements, my hair was never my natural color and always looked damaged. Kim changed that for me. For the first time in my life, I absolutely love my hair! I truly owe this to Kim and her incrediable expertise. Her knowledge of hair and color is very respected as I often see other stylist come to ask for her opinion. I highly recommend Kim for any and all hair salon treatments!
She moved here from Beverly Hills about a year ago, let me tell you something she really knows how to give the best treatment i ever had. Her hands are like a machine, the way she massage your face you die and go to haven, i am totally going back soon because i love what she did for my skin, my skin is flawless, she also does best waxing where ever you want and it doesn't hurt.
I am giving her 5 star for her talent. Thank god we have a good Esthetician in town now.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!